Aluminum front bulkhead

Discussion of the 2wd Buggy line.
ejf416

Aluminum front bulkhead

Post by ejf416 »

Hey guys! Just picked up a V4r buggy to try out on carpet , question is , is the stock plastic front bulkhead sufficient or is the aluminum one recommended , if so what degree? I see there multiple choices , also I assume the car uses the +5 now

Any other recommended upgrades? The one I have coming has aluminum castor blocks, alloy rear hub camber link mounts and inner rear camber link mount
Burl Swift

Re: Aluminum front bulkhead

Post by Burl Swift »

Congrats on the new buggy, you're going to love it!

For me, after two full months of racing every Tuesday, I am still using the plastic one. I'm the type of guy who replaces/upgrades things only once they've shown they need to be replaced. So far so good, however, I haven't had to touch it since I built it, so I haven't taken the screws out multiple times. I'm sure I'll upgrade it once I have to remove it a few times.

As for recommended upgrades, I'll have a report for you next week. I just finished putting a fresh diff in while looking to test out my recently installed Slipper Eliminator. I've also got the aluminum rear upper ball mount installed now (ball studs were starting to pull out of the plastic), as well as the aluminum top hub mounts, for the same reason.

I have ordered the front aluminum single piece ball stud mount as well, as I'm looking for increased strength and alignment.

I'll also eventually upgrade to the aluminum steering, but I haven't had any issues with that yet either.